This is a cute crochet tutorial after a long time. Oh! How badly I missed doing crochet!! Actually, a new toddler in our house isn’t allowing me to touch my crochet box these days. I wanted to try these little flowers since long. And now that I have made them, I thought of converting them into hair clips, which came out to be a pretty good idea.
Let’s see how to make this hair clip. It’s a very simple pattern. Moreover like a one day crochet project. As i said, I can’t afford to do crochet these days for I hardly get time running after my son, still I made these pretty hair clips. And that too in a day.
Here is the tutorial of how to do it:
sc- single crochet
tr- treble crochet
sl st- slip stitch
- Make a small flower. For this use this tutorial-> A Little Crochet Flower Pattern.
2. Attach white thread. We are crocheting on the wrong side of the flower. Ch 4, sc into the sc between the petals. *Ch3, sc into the sc*, repeat from *to*.
3. Make petals. * Ch4, 6tr into the chain space, ch4, slst into the same chain space. Sc into the next chain space*. Repeat from *to*.
4. All the petals are done. Fasten off. Leave a long piece of yarn for later. Your flower will look like this from back side.
5. Turn. This is the right side.
6. With help of the tapestry needle, sew the clip carefully on the back side of the flower.
7. Use the long piece of yarn that we have left. It will look like this.
8. Add a nice matching button at the center of the flower.
9. Add crystal beads, ribbons, leaves ( I used felt leaves) or any other thing that you like and decorate it.
And it’s all done! You can make lots of combinations and designs by using different colors, patterns, buttons, beads etc. A separate matching hair clip for every dress. You can sew it on normal hair bands, belts and clips. I bet you can’t just make one. I’ve already made these five clips and started making another one..